Gibson Brands Forums

My two Epiphone guitars

jjudas

I must say that I am very pleased with my acoustic electric slim body cutaway. The action is superb out the box. It's my go to guitar now and I have 3 acoustic electric guitars... a fender dreadnought, a high end esteban Jumbo and the epi slimline. I've covered the it all as far as tone goes and I enjoy playing them all. But I go to the epiphone to practice hard. It's a great guitar , money well spent. I bought the epi acoustic studio 15 watt 2 channel amp with it. I am very pleased. I mic one channel and use the guitar with chorus on the other. It's loud in a house. Great practice amp. Very pleased.

I also have a 2004 SG Special. I have treasured this inexpensive guitar for years because my mom gave it to me as a gift. I have place played black SGs since I was 13 years old. It's my signature guitar. I let my nephew gig this guitar for a couple of years. It still plays like a dream. I do not like the headstock, the word "SPECIAL" on it. Its not handicapped. So,I ordered a new neck with pearl inlay. I'll put epiphone logo back on it, but no SPECIAL. I'm keeping this one, it's sentimental. I might give it to one of my kids but it's staying in the family. My suggestion to epiphone and gibson, do away with the "SPECIAL" label. No one really likes it. Stick to just model numbers. 310 and 400 and pro 400. That works! You'll sell more guitars that way.

Archived