Gibson Brands Forums

Walker & Williams Leather Straps

Lonnie K

Wanted to give a shout out to Griffin at Walker & Williams Guitar Straps. I had purchased a couple of their straps a few years ago, one which I cannot remember the model or name (which is no longer on their website), and one of their signature models C-21-BLK padded which is a very nice comfortable strap that has held up well. I had not used the model that I cannot remember (photos attached), in some time, and just noticed that the leather was coming apart and flaking off, unlike belt grade 100% full grain leather, more like PU leather. I noticed some other posts with similar issues for some of their straps. I sent an email to Walker & Williams noting my disappointment with the quality of the strap and included the photos. I received an immediate response from Griffin, telling me that they had a quality issue and discontinued those straps a couple of years ago. He said he wanted to make it right, and send me my choice of strap from their website, pointing out that their premium C-22 signature straps were top of the line. Having their C-21 from that same line, I could agree. I selected the C-22 double padded distressed dark brown https://walkerandwilliams.com/produ...m-distressed-dark-brown-leather-guitar-strap/
I offered to pay the difference between it and the one which I cannot remember the name or price, and he said no payment was necessary, they wanted to make it right.
They made a customer for life with me.

I would highly recommend Walker & Williams Guitar Straps. They do produce high quality straps, and want to keep those high standards as demonstrated by eliminating the poor quality leather straps, and by having great customer service.

Attachments

Strap 2.jpg

Strap 3.jpg

Strap.jpg