Gibson Brands Forums

1973 rare Gibson Gospel

Frank Sveen

Hi

I am new to this Forum. I applied for membership because of my interest in the Gibson Brand.
Over the years I have had some Gibson Acoustics. Nowadays I have two. One new l-00 Standard and an older rare one…
Way back in 1974  I bought a slightly used 73 Gibson Gospel. The price tag was way beyond my budget at that time, but I could not resist it.
 It was the best sounding guitar I had heard, and it still is. It has served me well for more than 50 years. 
Lately I have been curious about this models origin and history, and I have searched searched the internet for relevant information about this guitar. It is not too much to 
find out there, apart from some discussions about this model and a reissue that came in the nineties.

One thing that has struck my mind though, is the fact that I have not found any pictures with similar colors.
Is that maybe because it was produced in smaller numbers, lack of popularity or any other reason? In my opinion it is a beautiful instrument.

IMG_5547.webp

IMG_5548.webp

IMG_5549.webp

IMG_5550.webp

• Like 1