Gibson Brands Forums

ES-345 TD-SV and ES-355 TD-SV wiring diagram

Hi all,

Since I have an ES-345 TD-SV that is acting up, have masochistic tendencies, actually like the stereo and varitone and there is no actual layout drawing of the wiring to be found, only an electrical schema, I used DIYLC to draw it up for myself. I can read schema but slowly, but seeing it in situ visually is easier for me, especially with a complex wiring loom. So for your pleasure or possible future usage, here it is.

Sadly enough it's impossible in DIYLC to use braided wire, so it looks a bit like a spaghetti. A small price to pay for using the layout of the parts as they are in the guitar. For the varitone cluster, I used the layout of the "chip" variant from 1962 & later, where all the components were caked in an orange biscuit, for the sake of readability. Prior to the "chip", the leads of one side of the capacitors were twisted together in a bundle on one site, as were the leads of one side of the resistors. And then the free leads on the other side were brought together in 5 pairs, each consisting of a capacitor and a resistor, and those were mounted to the terminal. Plenty of soldering, plenty of potential failure points, and a significant risk on short-circuits. The switch is a modern 6PDT switch.

It uses the values of the 1959 model, as those after 1962 had a tendency to sound a bit nasal and muffled at times.

pYLImkV.png

Please enjoy!