Gibson Brands Forums

Good day

King Matthew

Today has been a rarity for me. Usually this time of year I am in the fields and do not get to enjoy most days off. This year, it has been rainy and we have yet to get in the fields, so I had a chance to get caught up on my fall projects. I started out the day by cutting down an old catalpa tree. I have a catalpa grove that was planted in the 30's to the west of my house. I have been cutting down slowly over the last 6 years all the ones that could reach the house. Today I got the last one. I have had about 3-4 close calls, now that worry is off the mind. Boy, does that feel good. Got the yard mowed, the garage cleaned up, winterized the mower, all the vehicles ready for winter(checked the anit-freeze, air pressure in tires, etc.), cleaned up the down sticks from the storms the last week, and cleaned up the guitar room.

Now, I'm getting ready to eat some home made lasagna, green beans from the garden, have a couple of chocolate chip cookies that Queen Rockwell made this morning for desert, watch the Colts play in a few hours and have a few ice cold Miller Lite's. Anyone care for a ice cold one on me?

Archived