Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP Custom doubt

aguilafede

Hi, I recently acquired an used LP Custom Black 2001, and even though friends have told me this an original issue I still have my doubts regarding the wiring, pickups and other stuff. I have posted some pics in this address so if anybody could detect something strange I'll appreciate it very much, or if on the contrary this is legal stuff. Serial # in the back is 03xx1xxx and has Made in USA stamped.

http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/pp193/aguilafede/Gibson%20LP%20Custom%202001%20query/

Best wishes:-k

It just seems its well used...How much did you pay?if its a lot its maybe.;perfect?

Yeah too me..It looks fine.;Dont know about The Neck bolt...

Hi. I traded it in for a 1974 Strat that I did not use' date=' just to get a lick of the Gibson HB sound. And yeah, the truss bolt rod is a little bit... I don`t know. Thanks for posting.[crying

That's fine that one pal. The current Les Paul Custom's have been made in the Nashville Custom Shop for a few years now (since 2002/4?) and as such they have a Nashville Custom Shop serial no.

Everything previous to that has a usual production style serial no. such as the 03xx1xxx you have. That one will have been made sometime October onwards in 2001.

Archived