Gibson Brands Forums

ferrari red lpc

remember

a guy on the internet is selling a,what he calls a "ferrari red" les paul custom.he claims ferrari international let gibson use this color for a limited time.he says this brings up the value.i surfed the web for proof of this story,but could find nothing.any one out there have the scoop?

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. I just thought that this was the name of the color. Why would Gibson go out of their way to get the EXACT Ferrari red paint from Ferrari anyway?

Hell, Gibson skimps on their U.S. and Custom Shop guitars anyway, so why make the work harder for them?

I bought a brand new Custom Shop Gibby Custom LP in '07. Was ordered through Sweetwater and shipped. I know... SEE, PLAY, FEEL the guitar BEFORE you purchase it. The guitar's paint job was flawless. However, the pickup pole piece screws were mangled looking as if someone used the wrong size screwdriver to install them or something. I am going to change pickups anyway 'cause the stock 490R/ 498T just plain SUCK ***! However, It would be nice to be able to actually sell the pickups, but man, I cant get over how BAD the screws look. My $600 EPIPHONE Custom has nice clean looking PUP screws, and look better then the PUP's my $3200 Gibby!

This is just one of the many inperfections on an "OVERLY EXPENSIVE" for what it is, guitar! Let's see, The nut was NOT cut clean. There was like a sliver of PLASTIC hanging off of the backside of it where it meets the Fretboard. The actual fretboard looks like it was widdled or something! It is NOT smooth in a certain section. HOW IS THIS OVERLOOKED? UNBELIEVEABLE!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT! [biggrin] Anyway, I guess I LOVE what Gibson USED to be.

Sorry for my ranting and getting off topic but DAMN!

Ferrari red? Yeah right!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

In the racing world they talk about "Rosso Corsa", because traditionally the great Italian Racing teams competed in red internationally, this included Alfa, Lamorghini, Maserati and others. It is not a colour owned by the company Ferrari for as far as I know.

In 1986 Gibson sold the Les Paul Custom in "Ferrari Red", but there might have been more limited runs or dealer editions.

Hey jsadctnfn1, if the pickup screws of your guitar do not look really good, why don't you contact service@gibson.com? I am sure they will be happy to help you with such a little thing as sending 8 PU screws.

Archived