Gibson Brands Forums

1992 Gibson ES 350

buzzjumper

I have an offer to trade my Gretsch Tennessee Rose for a 1992 Gibson ES-350. He calls it a "Yellow Sunburst" which I assume means that there is no black paint in the sunburst. He say's it has 2 pick ups. I'm guessing humbuckers, but hoping for p90s.

He's sending a picture later for me to look at..... I'll follow up on the posting when I have investigated.

Does anybody have any idea what this guitar is worth? I looked on completed sales in Ebay, but only saw vintage from 50s and 60s going for $4000-6000.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Since nobody is biting, I'll come in with a part answer.

A year or two ago, Elderly had a 350 from this period and it was selling for around $US2500 IIRC (and it was fitted with humbuckers). I was surprised at the low price since a 350 is a bit of a cult guitar but I think I now know why.

While I'm not an expert, I have read that later 350s have a block down the middle like a 335 whereas the early ones were fully hollow.

There's a '78 350 here for $3800.

http://www.archtopelectric.com/gibson-es-350/

RN

IIRC these were your typical sunburst with two humbuckers. They are not the 350-T (Byrdland) scale length, but 25.5, same as an L5, etc. The ones I recall were done in a thinner body, like a Gobel. The original early 50s ES350s were full depth with cutaways. Other than body depth these were very similar. Sales dogs, I'm sure, so they didn't stick around long.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

(First excuse me for my english since I'm Danish (not A danish ;-))

I won an auction at the Gibson house in Nashville in 2000. The guitar was the ES-350 T 1992 Reissue. It had two humbucker, but i had the neck pickup changed into a P-90 with a stunning result. It became just the jazz-box I was looking for. None of these hollowbodies had a centerblock.

I don't play jazz anymore, and if I will occationally I have my Gibson ES-Artist. I just bought a PRS so due to household finances and common sence I am willing to sell the 350 for $ 3100.

It's a bit worn, but nothing serious. Frets are still fine.

Please email me for pics and information. benny@vrads.dk

Archived