Gibson Brands Forums

Help appreciated regarding this 335?

johnny K

:-

es335 recently purchased and trying to figure out what it actually is, model that is, or if it had been a one off or something...My brother has the guitar and lives a few hours away so I have only seen pics at this point...Going off of memory, I was told the serial number was 5 digit and inside the body and there is also a Kalamazoo sticker inside. Where it goes strange is it has the diamond cutout/ f holes, yet a standard les paul style headstock. I understand the Trini Lopez model had the Firebird headstock? In addition, there is what I would think initials inlayed "DF" on the headstock...Absence of Gibson logo, but my brother tells me the neck has never been replaced and it looks as if the instrument has not been altered in any way due to play wear consistency...Grover machine heads...Bigsby... I can't figure this one out...Anyone know what this is????Could it have been a one off from the factory or something? I found no 335's on the web with diamond cutaways except the lopez model and they all had the firebird headstock...Thanks much for any help or insight...I will update this post with pics and the actual serial number when I get that info

[cool]

es335 recently purchased and trying to figure out what it actually is' date=' model that is, or if it had been a one off or something...My brother has the guitar and lives a few hours away so I have only seen pics at this point...Going off of memory, I was told the serial number was 5 digit and inside the body and there is also a Kalamazoo sticker inside. Where it goes strange is it has the diamond cutout/ f holes, yet a standard les paul style headstock. I understand the Trini Lopez model had the Firebird headstock? In addition, there is what I would think initials inlayed "DF" on the headstock...Absence of Gibson logo, but my brother tells me the neck has never been replaced and it looks as if the instrument has not been altered in any way due to play wear consistency...Grover machine heads...Bigsby... I can't figure this one out...Anyone know what this is????Could it have been a one off from the factory or something? I found no 335's on the web with diamond cutaways except the lopez model and they all had the firebird headstock...Thanks much for any help or insight...I will update this post with pics and the actual serial number when I get that info

[/quote']The H&H method = You hit & You hope

Archived