Gibson Brands Forums

Cleaning nickel plated pickups on CS-336

EdMcKendry

I'm new to the forum but I'm looking for some guidance on cleaning/treating the pickups on my CS-336. Not sure why but, the pickups have gotten very worn looking - don't think i have the toxic sweat...maybe I do. Any ideas? Thanks. - Eddie.

I'm new to the forum but I'm looking for some guidance on cleaning/treating the pickups on my CS-336. Not sure why but' date=' the pickups have gotten very worn looking - don't think i have the toxic sweat...maybe I do. Any ideas? Thanks. - Eddie.[/quote']

Hello Eddie,

Nickel will corrode much quicker than Chrome as time goes by. The Nickel option is actually liked by many players especially for the vintage vibe. The sweat of each person has an individual composition, with some people the corrosion seems to happen faster. You can slow down this process by wiping the hardware frequently directly after playing with a soft cotton cloth.

Guest BentonC

Additionally, the Gibson Vintage Reissue Restoration kit has a low-abrasion metal cleaner that will usually shine them up (depending upon how much tarnish is present). Available through dealers: www.gibson.com/Dealers

Archived