Gibson Brands Forums

would like a wireless system. Opinions/Options?

aj

I am getting tired of constantly stepping on the wire and stressing the jack, pulling the wire from fhe guitar, breaking the wire, etc.

As such, I'm thinking about going wireless.

Most of what I found is single channel, or you have to know what channel before you buy.

Most of those run in the 2.x mhz range, and have mixed reviews, none stellar, and several with complaints of not being able to deal with extreme highs/lows.

Problem: lights in 4 rooms of my house are RF remote control, as is my rolling code garage door opener, part of my computer network, house alarm sensors and remotes, et al.

Since I have no idea what some of the freqs are, I am concerned about interference.

Last thing I want to do is hit a power cord and send a police/fire panic code to ADT =D>

One of the local (non-chain) shops gave me a figure approaching the cost of a new guitar (about $500)

Looking for something less expensive, with user selectable/changeable frequency, that can handle whatever I may throw at it from any of my guitars...which means anything from Jimmy Buffet to Black Sabbath - sometimes played poorly :)

Any opinions/recommendations?

Thanks!

AJ

AJ,

I have a Nady Instrument Wireless setup that has worked for me. Its a RW-3,...an older model....rack mount It has four UHF channels that I can select from, and a volume control (i dont know why). The remote uses a 9V battery. One battery has been good for me for two gigs, then time to change it. I never had one problem with the unit. I can tell you that I noticed a bit of a delay between my guitar and my amp when I start getting upwards of 50 feet or so away from it. Its not too much, but you will notice it. If you just planning on walking on the bar during a gig, your good to go......

Archived