Gibson Brands Forums

Senior Moment

snookelputz

I finally got around to converting vinyl to digital. I'm digging up music I completely forgot about, and I can play every note as soon as the song starts (well, every note that I can). I spent all of last week rediscovering the early Crusaders, at one new LP a day, and today I started a different group. Anybody remember a 1980's English band with Paul Jones and Dave Kelly called "The Blues Band"??? I wish, I really wish whoever owns these would release them on CD. What an absolutely fun time these guys had making music. Straight ahead (guitar, harp, slide) blues with a driving beat.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to say I'm sure they would play Epiphone guitars and dobros, if they could get them.

I saw the Blues Band live. Someone I know booked them for their birthday party!

A great evening in a small intimate venue, and the best rendition of "Happy Birthday to you" I have ever heard.

A few technical problems to start with. The venue has 1200 seat and 500 seat halls, and the band did not know which they were playing in, so brought equipment suitable for both. They were actually playing in the bar to a 50 person private party.

ICH

Archived