Gibson Brands Forums

1994 Epiphone Studio Made in ROK Trans Black specail edition

ouchababy1

How can I find out what the wood is on the top? OR is it a photo top? I have turned it into a nice little monster. Rewired her and put all USA Gobson pots in as well as the switch. I replaced the Samsung???!!!???? pups with a set of Carvin M series. It sounds like a real LP with PAF's on steroids. I alco dumped the crappy tuners in favor of Sperzels. I would really like to know the construction of the top. Any help? Gimme some LOVE.

Ok maybe I could offer a better description of what I am after. I am looking for the specs. Where on the internet would one go to find such information. Thank you for your info.

Also, there is a photo to come. I did a little bit of upgrading to this import.........

Ok maybe I could offer a better description of what I am after. I am looking for the specs. Where on the internet would one go to find such information. Thank you for your info.

Also' date=' there is a photo to come. I did a little bit of upgrading to this import.........[/quote']There are no "official specs".

There are no "official specs".

I think what he means to say is that Epiphone doesn't usually offer Specs for Limited Run guitars. Compare it to the base model, which in this case would be the Studio. The "wood" on top is a veneer (not exactly a photograph, just a tiny tiny layer on top, 1/32" I think). The Specifications of the standard models are on Epiphone's website.

http://www.Epiphone.com

I think what he means to say is that Epiphone doesn't usually offer Specs for Limited Run guitars. Compare it to the base model' date=' which in this case would be the Studio. The "wood" on top is a veneer (not exactly a photograph, just a tiny tiny layer on top, 1/32" I think). The Specifications of the standard models are on Epiphone's website.

http://www.Epiphone.com[/quote']The year he is asking about had no official single spec for body wood, it was alder and or mahogany body/cap.

Archived