Gibson Brands Forums

Jamvox - initial observations and opinions

Lend27

Hi guys!

So far, the Jamvox is awesome #-o

Software installed easily, hardware was even easier. Just plug in to a USB port.

Nice interface. Easy to set up the varioous effects pedals, and easy to experiment.

The sounds are good, and the monitor sounds surprisingly full. But keep in mind it only has 2 - 3" speakers.

It will not replace playing through an amplifiier, but it does well for it's intended purpose.

You can import your iTunes songs and the patented GTX software removes the lead or rhythm guitar and puts you in the mix.

It works well on some songs, not so well on others. It depends on where the engineer put the guitar track. If he isolated it, it will work well. If the guitars are spread over all the tracks, it doesn't do so well.

But again, it does a great job at it's intended purpose, which is a great practice tool, nice sounds, and the ability to experiment endlessly and easily with a variety of effects.

Any other questions guys?

Len

sos.gif hey have you tried switching the vocals off ? How does it sound ??

does it support all types of files..i heard that it doesn't support mono tracks..how much would you rate it on the scale from 1 - 10..??

I haven't tried it on vocals yet. I will try it over the weekend and let you know.

You can check out the owners manual and effects here:

http://www.voxamps.com/support/manuals/

I dont think the guitar extraction will work on mono files.

Len

Archived