Gibson Brands Forums

Huge guitar collection

Nic

Keith was a guitar hero to most of us old guys. Keith was the reason we bought our first Fuzz Box. Then, when Hendrix came along, we were in awe. A lot of us started playing through the influences of the same set of artists. Heck, we thought the Beach Boys and Ventures guitar work was awesome.

Then, EVH came along and it started all over again.

Back then, our guitar collection consisted of one electric guitar, and maybe the cheap acoustic we learned on.

Why do you treat what Keith Richards says with such reverence? Let's face it' date=' this ain't Hendrix you're worshiping. It's a guy who's played the same few riffs on an open G tuned guitar since about 1973.

You wanna know why the Stones sounded at their best in the early '70s? Answer: Mick Taylor.[/quote']

The fact that he could keep so simple is what makes him as good as he is. I don't think he's a guitar hero but he has earned my respect.

I used to have a Jay Turser... not quite Gibson or Epiphone quality' date=' but far from "crap" IMO. Especially for the price... I think it was under $200 brand new. Chambered body, set neck... played decent. I really regret selling it, now that I think back. #-o

I halfway want to buy that goldtop Turser from the guy now... #-o [/quote']Well I had the unfortunate job of setting up a shipment of them for someone as a "favor", and out of a couple dozen Tursers all were crap, I wouldn't pay $100 for em. Makes Epi's look like custom shop stuff.

Archived