Gibson Brands Forums

Info Epiphone 6830

wito

Hello there,

congraturation on this forum, it is lovely!

My name is Vito and I m from Italy. I'm goin to buy an epiphone 6830. The serial is 97XXX. The serial number in the soundhole says "Kalamazoo, Michigan".

I read some topics and my ideas aren't very clear; i have some questions:

- Is the guitar from 1968, right?

- I saw most of the 6830 are Made in Japan, is it possible to have a 6830 "made in usa" ?

- The back top of peghead doesn't have the serial number. Is it right?

- What a reasonable price be?

Thanks in advance....

Hello there' date='

congraturation on this forum, it is lovely!

My name is Vito and I m from Italy. I'm goin to buy an epiphone 6830. The serial is 97XXX. The serial number in the soundhole says "Kalamazoo, Michigan".

I read some topics and my ideas aren't very clear; i have some questions:

- Is the guitar from 1968, right?

[/quote']

Nope. 1971

- I saw most of the 6830 are Made in Japan' date=' is it possible to have a 6830 "made in usa" ?[/quote']

All made in Japan, none in USA

- The back top of peghead doesn't have the serial number. Is it right?

This is correct. IF they had serial numbers they were stick on labels. Most have fallen off.

- What a reasonable price be?

Thanks in advance....

See link below

This is an early Epiphone made in Japan shortly after production in Kalamazoo stopped. It was made in Japan by Matsumoku who made, among other trade names Aria. Note in one of the pictures posted in the following link a picture of a blue label. This label was undoubtedly moved from Kalamazoo and used in guitars made in Japan. In the lower left corner the words read "Union Made". However notice that this has been blacked out and words stamped next to it. This black marking and stamping have faded with time. THe words may say "Made In Japan".

Depending on condition there is a post by Iconoclast that will help you with a value in US dollars. Not a particularly valuable instrument, but not junk.

http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1756

Archived