Gibson Brands Forums

Epi SST Studio discontinued?

saucyjoe

I was looking at purchasing an SST Studio. Around the holidays, there were a number of sellers advertising it, all around $350. When I looked today, some of those said "Out of Stock" (with a few indicating they expected more at the end of March 2009) while others simply said "Discontinued." I can't find anyone now who has one in stock. Does anyone know what's going on with the SST Studio?

Doesn't say anything about "Discontinued" on Epi's webpage for this model.....that's a good sign. Could be low volume enough that it's a special order item. Sweetwater was successful in sourcing a very difficult to find Epiphone for me, give them a try.

Good luck, it looks like Epi has discontinued the EN546CE Masterbilt equivalent. Do some playing around with the search engines, you might find one of these in somebody's inventory, it worked for me when I had an incurable case of GAS for a Tak LTD.

Dugly =D>

I don't know if this is the same thing that is going on with the 56' reissue lp but it could be. Last year Musician's Friend had the epi 56'reissue goldtop lp for sale, then it was discontinued, now they have it for sale again. According to epi's website it's still discontinued. I contacted Musician's Friend and asked what was going on and they said that it is discontinued but they were still receiving shipments until, umm... I think it was May. So apparently it is discontinued but there is enough stock left to supply them until then. Oh yeah an e-mail to epi's customer service verified that the 56' was discontinued. Hope this helps.

Archived