Gibson Brands Forums

Looking to buy a lefty.........

vladsobad

Hi Guys/Gals:

First off, I'm LEFT-HANDED. I was fortunate enough to have a cheap left-handed beater (strung the proper way without any "flipping") to learn on. Threfore, I learned the "Correct" or "Proper" way (if there is such a thing;)) I have been wanting to purchase a Gibson Hummingbird for some time now - but, like most others, the economy just hasn't been good enough for me to lay down the massive amount of C-Notes necessary to obtain it. I see there is a right-handed Epiphone version of a Hummingbird.....but is there a left-handed model out there? Does that exist? If not, does/will Epiphone customize them for prospective customers? And, if so, would it be worth my time/money to have them do it?

One of the main issues I have about being left-handed is that I do not get the opportunity to actually try out different guitars and get the feel of them. Is there another guitar out there that has a nice sound and some eye appeal that I should look into? I do not play in a band, gigs, shows, etc. The only time I break out a guitar in front of people is at a an occasional cookout or family gathering.

Thanks for the long read - and any answers/advice you may have!

Tim

Archived