Gibson Brands Forums

The Epi S-900!

S900

Hey, I realize the posts on this are a couple years old, hoping you're all still shredding like champs! I'm working on a white S900 for a friend of mine with the same bridge as the red one in the photo on this post. Wondering how you "catch" the string ball when you change strings? I can't seem to get it to stop pulling through, and my fear is there's a piece missing from it, but hoping not. Any insight is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

If any doubt still persists, that's definitely a 900 and a first year issue (1986) I'm pretty sure. I have a second year issue (1987) S-800 that you can see in this post...

My S-800 Posting

You can tell that the 900 is a first year issue from the sharp pointed headstock. They only made those for one year before Jackson threatened to sue them over the design, so they rounded off the headstock as you can see in mine.

As for the tremolo, that's the Epi Bennder (same as some Westone Bendmasters). Not the greatest but not that bad either. I had trouble finding a trem arm too until someone from here turned me on to GuitarFetish.com. They have a 5mm push-in replacement arm that I'm almost positive will fit. I just ordered one and still waiting for it, so I'll post as to the results.

Beautiful axe either way! Hope I can run across one someday, I LOVE the Epi strats!

Archived