Gibson Brands Forums

my new aj500re and hello there

groyniad

Hi - this is my first post - happy to be here - looks like a good forum...

I've just got myself a new aj500 re - its the first acoustic guitar I've had for a long time - I play jazz on f hole guitars like gibson es 175 (after years of playing ancient and modern gibsons I now play the peerless Sadowski Jim Hall model).

I'm blown away by the sheer size of the sound that comes out of this thing - together with its clarity, accuracy and balance. I can't say enough about how rich and full the tone is - which is exactly what I was looking for. I have all the smooth warm electrified sound I could ask for with my Sadowski - I wanted a genuine acoustic (the fab electronics are just a nice bonus.)

Anyway - the guitar has one fault. The high 'C' on the 'E' string and the 'B' string produces a tight little buzz from inside the guitar when the note is played strongly. It sounds like its coming from the electric stuff inside not from the wood of the guitar. Does anyone have experience with getting this sort of problem sorted out - does it tend to be an easy fix - or is it tricky? I hate buzzes (hate them).

Please help.

Thanks!

Archived