Gibson Brands Forums

Amplifiers + Effects for Epi LP Standard

levanter

I'm planning to buy a new amp soon, and was deciding btw a vox ac15/30vr, vox 50vt or a peavey bandit 112... any other better amps you can suggest for around that price range? eg. orange, marshall?

And i seem to notice most ppl here prefers using fender amps as well?

For effects have anyone heard/played with divided by 13 joyride, proanalog power driver or throbak overdrive boost?

these are all colorsound overdrive effect clones, and i was wondering what you guys think about these effects?

Hi levanter, I use a vox AD30VT and I won't be needing to replace it again as a top solid state amp. Massively flexible as it's a modelling amp. The 50VT you mentioned above is the successor to it.

The minimum next amp I'm looking at is a low wattage valve amp like the Orange Tiny Terror. Fraction of the flexibility, but more tone.

So I think the ones you're already looking at are pretty decent amps. The Roland Cube seemed to be a pretty good amp for practise, on a par with mine, but I think the vox was slightly better. Just don't get a solid state Marshall, their solid state amps sound rubbish and they're rediculously overpriced just because of the name which is totally irrelevant for solid state because it's totally different to the valve amps they're famed for.

Archived