Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Junior 57 Reissue, Reissue?

milnthorpe31584

A couple of weeks ago I read somewhere that a worker from Epiphone said that they would be reissuing the 57 Les Paul junior but I haven't heard heard anything since. Is this true? I was hoping you guys could clear this up for me and if its true, when! as it is near on impossible to lay your hands on one in the U.K. Thanks guys. Oh my first post [blush]

I googled to see what I could find on the subject and didn't see anything about a reissue. One thing I did find though stated that the last run came with P-100s which are in fact a stacked humbucker. I've never used a P100 equipped guitar but I can't imagine it sounding like a P90, although I suppose you could just swap it out if you're just looking for a guitar with a P90 sound.

Off Topic - Are there a lot of Thorpes in the UK? It's my last name as well and I've only met one other in person.

• 2 weeks later...

I googled to see what I could find on the subject and didn't see anything about a reissue. One thing I did find though stated that the last run came with P-100s which are in fact a stacked humbucker. I've never used a P100 equipped guitar but I can't imagine it sounding like a P90, although I suppose you could just swap it out if you're just looking for a guitar with a P90 sound.

Off Topic - Are there a lot of Thorpes in the UK? It's my last name as well and I've only met one other in person.

Not that I know of, I only know of one other Thorpe and thats Woodthorpe. So no, not really.

Archived