Gibson Brands Forums

coil splitting on lp standard

ericlees

hi thanks, found two different schemes, which are the diferences between the 2? do i get coil splitting with both or wich one do i choose? help me please

2 humbuckes, 2 volume, 2 tone , 3 way switch series/parallel

2 hums, 2 vol, 2 tone, 3 way push/pull

which one do i choose?

hi thanks, found two different schemes, which are the diferences between the 2? do i get coil splitting with both or wich one do i choose? help me please

2 humbuckes, 2 volume, 2 tone , 3 way switch series/parallel

2 hums, 2 vol, 2 tone, 3 way push/pull

which one do i choose?

I thought I gave you the direct link for coil splitting. Do you want series/parallel???

Coil splitting is simple. On a Duncan, the red & white wires are connected to each other. They're taped together and not connected to anything else. If you attach them to ground, one coil will short out. That's all the switch does. Nothing to disconnect, no rewiring. Now if you want to do series/parallel or a phase switch, it gets more complicated.

yes i know but is just 1 vol and tone. i need 2 vol 2 tone

Doesn't matter, just get ONE new push/pull pot to replace any pot. I suggest a tone pot 'cos it's out of the way. Then wire the switch the way it is in the diagram. The top two lugs (closest to the pot) go to ground. Then take the red & white wire from one pickup and hook it to one of the middle lugs. Hook the red & white wire from the second pickup to the other middle lug. That's it.

Archived