Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Class 5

rukkus

I'm looking at a brand new 2006 Les Paul Custom Shop Class 5 guitar. I had Les paul's in my life time but nothing like this. What if anything makes this guitar worth the money I will have to pay for it? I played the custom's, deleuxe's & standards before and liked them. Also had a 58 Historic and liked that. I'm at that age I would like to just keep a great guitar and not sell anymore. Is it worth the price? If I may ask, What would be a great price for this guitar? It's new old stock and I would be getting a warranty because it's a Gibson dealer.

Thanks!

Jim

I saw and played a new Class Orange Tiger a few weeks ago and it was awesome! What a beaut! I thought the bridge was a little high, on those spindly posts, but otherwise perfect. He had it marked at $2989, which was a GREAT price (it was gone in a couple weeks). Anything around there I would think is a good buy.

Definitely could be a great keeper, if the top/color is really nice!

I saw and played a new Class Orange Tiger a few weeks ago and it was awesome! What a beaut! I thought the bridge was a little high, on those spindly posts, but otherwise perfect. He had it marked at $2989, which was a GREAT price (it was gone in a couple weeks). Anything around there I would think is a good buy.

Definitely could be a great keeper, if the top/color is really nice!

Makes me feel a little better and the price was $2950. It's a new 2006 and I see Musician Friends were selling it for $4600 along with the other disconnect stores.

Thanks!

Jim

Archived