Gibson Brands Forums

ES-335TD-CRS ?

Lazarus4417

I have an ES335TD with a headstock truss rod cover with 'ES335 CRS' on it.

It has two 1/4 plugs that are suppose to go to two amps?

It has the regular three-way pickup selector switch by the volume control

and another two-way switch the lower horn of the body. I can not find any reference to

this arrangement or value anywhere. Anyone have any information on these. I believe it

was made in 1979.

I have an ES335TD with a headstock truss rod cover with 'ES335 CRS' on it.

It has two 1/4 plugs that are suppose to go to two amps?

It has the regular three-way pickup selector switch by the volume control

and another two-way switch the lower horn of the body. I can not find any reference to

this arrangement or value anywhere. Anyone have any information on these. I believe it

was made in 1979.

Hi and welcome.

Nice axe.

Have a look at:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=gibson+es+335+crs&meta=&aq=0s&aqi=g-s1&aql=&oq=gibson+es335+crs&gs_rfai=

The switch on the lower horn is a coil tap.

The S in CRS stands for "stereo". You should find that if you use the output socket nearest the strap button, it will operate like a normal guitar output. If you run a lead from each output, the one nearest the strap button will just be the neck pickup and the other the bridge pickup.

RN

Hi and welcome.

Nice axe.

Have a look at:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=gibson+es+335+crs&meta=&aq=0s&aqi=g-s1&aql=&oq=gibson+es335+crs&gs_rfai=

The switch on the lower horn is a coil tap.

The S in CRS stands for "stereo". You should find that if you use the output socket nearest the strap button, it will operate like a normal guitar output. If you run a lead from each output, the one nearest the strap button will just be the neck pickup and the other the bridge pickup.

RN

Archived