Gibson Brands Forums

New Bridge for Eiphone Wilshire Pro

darkmonohue

I'm really enjoying my new Epiphone Wilshire Pro. But you always want to change the one you love, and I'd like to swap out the tune-o-matic bridge. Am I correct in assuming that a recent, made in China instrument such as this one has metric threads, and that I need to specify metric posts to find a drop-in replacement? Would a TonePros T3BT work? Thanks!

I'm really enjoying my new Epiphone Wilshire Pro. But you always want to change the one you love, and I'd like to swap out the tune-o-matic bridge. Am I correct in assuming that a recent, made in China instrument such as this one has metric threads, and that I need to specify metric posts to find a drop-in replacement? Would a TonePros T3BT work? Thanks!

Almost every import uses metric, they have large posts with screwdriver slots. So any bridge with large posts and screw driver slots should be fine.

Having said that, Tone Pros are good bridges but way overpriced. Most of them are just Gotoh bridges with a set screw added, and way more than twice the price. A Gotoh bridge should cost you less than $25.00.

Now having said that, your Wilshire Pro should have the Epiphone LockTone bridge, which seems to be fairly decent quality. If you're looking to upgrade something, try replacing the stop tailpiece with a lightweight Gotoh Aluminum TP. Nice upgrade IMO. Hell, you can probably buy a Gotoh bridge and the Aluminum TP for less than the cost of the Tonr-Pros.

Archived