Gibson Brands Forums

Craigslist is a dangerous place

audiomitch

Watch out Mitch, I have an '04 Gothic Explorer from the same plant, and it is deadly fun to play. [biggrin]

Fantastically resonant, super comfortable, very solid build.

sneakypeak.jpg

(Clearly I've replaced all the hardware with chrome stuff - only for cosmetics though [even the Bigsby, although it turned out to be pretty fun to use too!] I've since put chrome EMGs in it too, don't have a good quality photo yet though.)

:-$

Couple of considerations: They seem to very easily get finish cracks where the neck joins to the body - not a structural issue in anyway, but they have been there on every Goth I've seen - and the stock plastic nut is ♥♥♥♥ and will make you want to kill yourself. I swapped mine for a black TUSQ quicksmart. [thumbup]

Watch out Mitch, I have an '04 Gothic Explorer from the same plant, and it is deadly fun to play. [biggrin]

Fantastically resonant, super comfortable, very solid build.

Wow. You aren't kidding! This thing rocks! I had a Gibson Explorer once that didn't speak to me like this Epi does. Not crazy about the pickups, but it sure lives up to "Fantastically resonant, super comfortable, very solid build".

Archived