Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine 2004: Real or Fake?

limeoasis

I'm debating whether to buy this 2004 (as the seller says) Gibson les Paul custom alpine, he says he has no paper works. But gave me the serial number: CSCS40696.I know this picture is not the best right now, but i will be posting more once i receive from the seller. He selling it at $2600 usd atm.

kijiji2004gibsonlespaul.jpg

i noiced the tuners aren't triangulared shped

• 3 months later...

I'm not a serial number pro, but this one looks real. I have a pre-custom shop version of the very same guitar and yes it features different tuners and black knobs, but everything else looks just like mine. By the way, when I was buying my Custom I had a choice of three and they all looked slightly different. If it feels and sounds like the real stuff then get it. If it's a Custom Shop guitar then it should have a Custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock. I don't remember when Custom Shop started doing this model, I think that we need a pro on this one.

Do you know that Slash was playing a replica Les Paul looking just like a normal Les Paul Standard during his early years with GnR? His tone was fantastic. Sometimes it's not in the logo - it's in the wood. I am a Gibson freak and I had a lot of guitars good, bad and very ugly. Even Custom Shops delivers bad product sometimes.

• 7 months later...

Archived