Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Dove help

epidude

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, and I am new to Epiphone guitars. I picked up an Epiphone Dove model that I would like to learn more about. It is a full body, no cutaway, red in color, and it has Shadow electronics. The model is listed as a DOVE-E/CH. Anyone know when these were made? I would like to learn more about if possible. Thank you so much... Epidude :)

Welcome again Epidude

Use this site to age your Epi.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/

The "E" in the model name would indicate Electronics. The CH? That's a new one on me.

If you don't get much response here, try re-posting on the Gibson acoustics page. Some Gibsonites don't sully themselves by coming 'down' here. There's more traffic on the Gibson pages.

There's some real knowledgeable guitar historians, KSDADDY, for one who might be able to tell us what CH stands for.

Welcome again Epidude

Use this site to age your Epi.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/

The "E" in the model name would indicate Electronics. The CH? That's a new one on me.

If you don't get much response here, try re-posting on the Gibson acoustics page. Some Gibsonites don't sully themselves by coming 'down' here. There's more traffic on the Gibson pages.

There's some real knowledgeable guitar historians, KSDADDY, for one who might be able to tell us what CH stands for.

I'm a bit of a novice but wouldn't the CH be for Cherry Red colour?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Although, the usual Gibson / Epiphone vernacular is Heritage Cherry burst (HC) However Epidude didn't say it was bursted, just red. So CHerry could be right.

I've seen red Doves and they are gorgemous.

Archived