Gibson Brands Forums

Need flat washers for Gibson pots

jjlewis

Hello -

I am putting Gibson pots in an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty. These pots are attached to the metal plate. Since the holes in the body are a different size and location, I have enlarged the holes and removed two of the pots from the plate, cut slots in the plates so that the pots can be slid back and forth to the right postion so they will fit in the holes. One of the slots I cut just a bit too wide and need a washer to put under the nut that secures the pot to the plate. There are very thin silver colored washers on the other side of the plate that would be the ideal thickness and size. Any idea where I can get these? I looked in the Gibson parts secion of this site, and googled gibson guitar parts but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

JohnL

A standard flat washer might be too big on the O.D.

Look for an appropriate sized machine washer. They have smaller O.D. for their given I.D. These are probably in those drawers with the miscellaneous and sundry odd ball parts. I LOVE those drawers with the miscellaneous and sundry odd ball parts. [thumbup] If you can't find them separate, consider purchasing a cheap toggle switch (possibly in automotive), then using the flat washer that may come with it, then tossing the switch.

Also, look in the lighting section. The o.d. of the threaded portion of the pot is likely the same size as lamp parts. They use similar nuts and washers for the threaded rods used to make / repair table lamps.

Finally, check Radio Shack, they may have washers and nuts of this type available in the aforementioned drawers with the miscellaneous and sundry odd ball parts. Did I mention that I LOVE those drawers with the miscellaneous and sundry odd ball parts. [thumbup]

Archived