Gibson Brands Forums

es-335 advice

undisputed1

hello,

im new to the forum but not to gibson. i wonder if i can maybe get a bit of advice. firstly is there any difference between a 335 and a 335TD ?

im about to purchase a 335, ive spent weeks trying to figure out which model to go for. ive narrowed it down to 2.

the 50th anniversary 335TD and the 335 block reissue the finish i have settled for is the faded cherry

i would really appreciate advice/feedback/pics from anyone who owns either of these models. i know the choice comes down to me but i have nothing to compare these models to.

obviously the 50th anniv model is a bit more expensive but its still within my budget. so really if anyone with either of these guitars can reply i would appreciate it.

i appreciate that smoe people with other 335s might want to respond but i really only want to know about these 2 particular models.

thanks

TD stands for thinline, dual pickup -- so, no there is no difference. Keep in mind that the block 335 has Burstbucker Pros while all other 335s have '57 Classics. I think the block 335 sound great with the BB Pros. I'd go with the less expensive block model, personally speaking.

Archived