Gibson Brands Forums

Stolen Firebird Artist

keefrazak

Hi everyone.

About twenty years ago someone broke into my flat and stole a lot of musical equipment, pa, synth, mixer etc. The worst thing was they took my beloved Firebird Artist with the moog compressor etc and I`ve never lost hope on getting it returned someday. Now with this forum and an honest streak, I stand a chance. My guitar is instantly recognisable by looking below the pickups right towards the edge of the table (body) where you can clearly see a small laquer repair of about 7-8mm in diameter. This small hole in the finish was caused when the case closed itself on the instrument as it lay on the floor, half way out of the case. We`ve all done it but I remember my feeling of despair as I saw it fall from across the room. The reason being this guitar was PERFECT.It had not a mark on it, ANYWHERE. I took it to a local furniture repair workshop in Hove where I lived and the guy said he could repair it but it would never look exactly like the surround. So there we go. If you happen to have this beautiful guitar please get in touch with me. I will gladly reimburse you whatever you paid for it. Many thanks.

Archived