Gibson Brands Forums

Neck Profile - New L4 Ces

Nizzajetset

Unfortuanatly nobody could give me any further Information about the LeGrand.

Anyway, as I have now tested a LeGrand 2003 serveral times the neck profile (is a C-shape) it is more like a 30/60 neck and perfect playable, Not as fat as my ES 135 (more a D). I am disapointed with the neck and sound my ES 135, compared for example to the Ibanez GB10.

Are all necks of the new ES modells the same? And how is the neck of the new L4 Ces, is it the same like my ES 135 or the new ES 175?

Here in Russia I do not have any opportunity to test these guitars, so I am very thankful for all your answers.

Thanks in davance & Greetings!

Unfortuanatly nobody could give me any further Information about the LeGrand.

Anyway, as I have now tested a LeGrand 2003 serveral times the neck profile (is a C-shape) it is more like a 30/60 neck and perfect playable, Not as fat as my ES 135 (more a D). I am disapointed with the neck and sound my ES 135, compared for example to the Ibanez GB10.

Are all necks of the new ES modells the same? And how is the neck of the new L4 Ces, is it the same like my ES 135 or the new ES 175?

Here in Russia I do not have any opportunity to test these guitars, so I am very thankful for all your answers.

Thanks in davance & Greetings!

Keep in mind that the Memphis factory builds the ES models, while the Nashville factory builds the L4. So, the necks may be similar but they are likely not gonna be exactly the same just by virtue of different shapers. That said, the L4 neck is rounded..it should be similar to the '59 rounded or "C" shape you mention.

Archived