Gibson Brands Forums

Speaking of going to the Opera

TommyK

I don't know if it is nation wide, but in many movie theaters they are showing Opera and classic Orchestra performances. I may just have to check this out. Some of the offerings at one theater:

LA Phil Live: Dudamel Conducts Brahms No Rating, 150 min Starts on Sun, Jun 5

LA Phil Live: Dudamel Conducts Tchaikovsky No Rating, 150 min Starts on Sun, Mar 13

Metropolitan Opera: Capriccio Encore, The No Rating, 205 min Starts on Wed, May 11

Metropolitan Opera: Capriccio, The No Rating, 205 min Starts on Sat, Apr 23

Metropolitan Opera: Die Walküre Encore, The No Rating, 330 min Starts on Wed, Jun 1 (Not the Tom Cruise film)

Metropolitan Opera: Die Walküre, The No Rating, 330 min Starts on Sat, May 14

Metropolitan Opera: Il Trovatore Encore, The No Rating, 210 min Starts on Wed, May 18

Metropolitan Opera: Il Trovatore, The No Rating, 210 min Starts on Sat, Apr 30

Metropolitan Opera: Iphigénie en Tauride Encore, The No Rating, 195 min Starts on Wed, Mar 16

Metropolitan Opera: Iphigénie en Tauride, The No Rating, 180 min Starts on Sat, Feb 26

Metropolitan Opera: Le Comte Ory Encore, The No Rating, 200 min Starts on Wed, Apr 27

Metropolitan Opera: Le Comte Ory, The No Rating, 200 min Starts on Sat, Apr 9

Metropolitan Opera: Lucia di Lammermoor Encore, The No Rating, 260 min Starts on Wed, Apr 6

Metropolitan Opera: Lucia di Lammermoor, The No Rating, 220 min Starts on Sat, Mar 19

Metropolitan Opera: Nixon in China Encore, The No Rating, 255 min Starts on Wed, Mar 2

Not sure if the cost for tickets will be the same as the usual Hollywierd fare, but I'll be watching.

Most likely, they will encourage popcorn consumption and dress will be casual. So, even Fuzzy Fred will be able to attend on his student's budget.

Archived