Gibson Brands Forums

Ordering from the Custom Shop

SouthpawPicker

Hi,

I want to order lefty acoustic from the Custom Shop, but I'm hearing some horror stories about dealing with them. I have had a very difficult time even getting quotes from them working through a store that sells a lot of Gibsons.

What I'm concerned about -- and wonder if any of you have any experiencing in this regard -- if the Custom Shop says eight to ten weeks, is that generally accurate? I've talked to a few people who ordered customs and they were told the same thing, but three months later, they still didn't have their new guitars.

Also, once you place an order with the custom shop, do you know if there is any way to track the order and how they're progressing on it?

Thanks very much.

SPP

If you are struggling to get a quote, I would suggest getting in touch with Jeremy at Fullers. I asked for a quote for a custom Hummingbird, and get the quote back within 24hrs.

He said it would take 6-10 weeks and at the moment I'm 4 1/2 weeks into that timescale, so can't comment on the accuracy of that estimate, yet...

Archived