Gibson Brands Forums

What is this ES 335?

adius

Hello from a first time poster. I have done a few searchs on this question without luck. I bought a mint 1994 ES 335 in sunburst with gold hardware from a fellow here in town. I know this is the centennial year and read that there were a few 335's made that have a special designation by Gibson that were not part of the Centennial run (special medallion, etc). This guitar is perfect and the gold is stunning. Did Gibson list gold hardware as an option in 1994. I can't seems to nail this down. Help with this would be much appreciated. This guitar will be with me until I die. I LOVE it. Thank you Gibson.

Many TIA's and I think I'm going to like it here.

Adius

Hello from a first time poster. I have done a few searchs on this question without luck. I bought a mint 1994 ES 335 in sunburst with gold hardware from a fellow here in town. I know this is the centennial year and read that there were a few 335's made that have a special designation by Gibson that were not part of the Centennial run (special medallion, etc). This guitar is perfect and the gold is stunning. Did Gibson list gold hardware as an option in 1994. I can't seems to nail this down. Help with this would be much appreciated. This guitar will be with me until I die. I LOVE it. Thank you Gibson.

Many TIA's and I think I'm going to like it here.

Adius

Never mind, I spoke with someone at Gibson who gave me the answer. It was shipped with nickel hardware and was changed. The gold looks stunning against the vintage sunburst.

If its a looker, then it has to be looked at. We want pics!!

Congrats on the guitar by the way, 335s (especially the old ones) are always beautiful [thumbup]

OK but it'll take me a while. May include a couple other Gibby's.

Archived