Gibson Brands Forums

Serial Number Help.

Manana Man

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some help. I just purchase my first LP from my local shop. They old me it was a 2005 Limited edition LP. I find it hard to beliee that this guitar sat in the shop for this long with out anyone buying it.

It plays awesome, and the color is like no one I have ever seen. I was not able to find any information on this site about it. The serial number is 035350446. I would like to know as much as I can, if it originally was sent to this shop, the style and where is was made. Thank you for any information.......

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

It was finished on the 19th of December 2005. It was built in Nasville and was number 146 finished that day.

For any further info you will need to email service@Gibson.com with pictures of the front and close-ups of the front and rear of the headstock.

BTW, pics of the guitar will help establish whether it is limited edition or not. What case candy was with it, might be worth posting pics of case candy too.

Edit: just realised this was posted in "custom collection" (i was looking at the "new content"). I don't think this is a custom shop guitar with that serial number, Just in case you believe it is. My knowledge is better on custom historics so someone else might chime in to say I am wrong.

Thank you for your response. Not to sure what you mean by Case Candy. Can you explain? Thanks again......

BTW, pics of the guitar will help establish whether it is limited edition or not. What case candy was with it, might be worth posting pics of case candy too.

Edit: just realised this was posted in "custom collection" (i was looking at the "new content"). I don't think this is a custom shop guitar with that serial number, Just in case you believe it is. My knowledge is better on custom historics so someone else might chime in to say I am wrong.

Thank you for your response. Not to sure what you mean by Case Candy. Can you explain? Thanks again......

Documents, coa, hang tags etc, basically, pieces of paper.

If its a true Limited Edition or Limited Run it should have a piece of paper (Certificate of Authenticity) that will state what production number your guitar was out of the total lot to be made. If the shop selling it can not provide an authentic Gibson paper that states this guitar is #42 or 150 then I would never believe its authentic or even a limited run. No shop would try and sell a limited guitar without this paperwork it would just be 100% stupid to buy it. Pics would help to determine if it was a limited run or not for sure though, someone people can tell within seconds of looking at it.

Archived