Gibson Brands Forums

PR5-E lefthand

schaet

Hello everyone,

I felt in love with the epiphone pr5e und id like to buy it... but my big problem is that im a lefthand and i didnt find a lefthand version :(

Is there a lefthand version???

or can somebody recommend good/eaqual alternativs?

Thanks

Schaet

post-34117-089440400 1309275720_thumb.png

Sadly, I think Gibson Customer Service, has mentioned that Gibsons and Epiphones aren't going to be made in LH versions any time soon, owing to their low volume.

Most acoustics can be converted, but converting cut-a-way styles isn't happening.

I feel for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello everyone,

I felt in love with the epiphone pr5e und id like to buy it... but my big problem is that im a lefthand and i didnt find a lefthand version :(

Is there a lefthand version???

or can somebody recommend good/eaqual alternativs?

Thanks

Schaet

Hi shaet, I own a factory left hand model of the Epiphone PR5E L/H NA, serial #00111514. It was built in China, in year 2000, and it plays very well. The patina of this twelve year old vintage guitar was aged, nicely, giving it a very rich, deep tone. I have a hard shell case that fits it, snugly. Epiphone no longer offers this model in left hand construction. I also own a factory lefty Epiphone PR6E, which also plays great. The six has a smaller, scaled down body, with a Venetian (rounded) cutaway, whereas, the five has a wider lower bout and is a Florentine (sharp) cutaway. If you are still interested, I may sell the PR5E.

Archived