Gibson Brands Forums

GREAT JOB on the upcoming 50th Ann. SG Special!!!

hbomb76

I saw some photos of the G-400 style, bound neck 50th Anniversary Special model SG Epi's got coming out soon, and it is VERY cool. I will have at least one, maybe two of them.

It'd be really nice if the production Epiphone SG's used the Elitist/Epi-Japan bodies, as those are almost spot-on with the real thing and much more attractive. Just an idea to pass along to the "Dr." and others.

Also, a 50th Anniversary Epi SG Standard tribute with the Maestro would be a nice thing as well. I have three (yes, three) of the 2005 limited run Maestro-equipped "1965" G-400's as well as one of the Canadian Exclusive Pelham Blue G-400's with Maestro and I love 'em. Would love a bound neck Maestro'd model with a slightly more authentic body even more, hint-hint.

H

• 1 month later...

In case no one's seen these yet, check 'em out!

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=2896

In a sense, it's kinda' sad that Epiphone's offerings are more "in tune" with really paying tribute to those perfect early-60's SG's than Big-G, but oh well, for the price of a "faded" SG Special I can buy TWO of these period-accurate stunners! I can't wait to get mine now! Thinking white and TV yellow personally. :)

Still, it'd be awesome too if we'd see a "Standard Tribute" as well, with the bound neck and Maestro on this body style (hint, hint). You go, Epiphone!

H

Archived