Gibson Brands Forums

Lifeson pickup switch

scapegoater

I have had several issues with my Lifeson Axcess electronics (recently fixed), but now I'm wondering if I have a new problem. Just to check my sanity...

When the pickup switch is in the middle, should both pickups be active? On mine, only the bottom pickup is active, and I'm pretty sure this just started yesterday.

I have had several issues with my Lifeson Axcess electronics (recently fixed), but now I'm wondering if I have a new problem. Just to check my sanity...

When the pickup switch is in the middle, should both pickups be active? On mine, only the bottom pickup is active, and I'm pretty sure this just started yesterday.

Yes, in the middle they should both be active. I assume by "bottom" you mean the bridge pickup?

Yes, in the middle they should both be active. I assume by "bottom" you mean the bridge pickup?

Yeah, the bridge pickup, thanks. I knew it was supposed to be this way, but was just hoping I was going crazy. I've had so many issues with this guitar, I dread the thought of sending it back for the 3rd time.

My Epiphone Dot Royale had this same problem when it arrived, except the missing pickup was the bridge. I had to have the switch replaced under warranty. Still a fantastic guitar for $450, and I would recommend it to anybody looking to augment their Lifeson Axcess with an inexpensive but well-built ES-335 that has the same finish as the Lifeson ES-355.

You should check out my discussion with Kevin Lewis on this subject in the postings on the main product page. If nothing else, it will give you a trouble-shooting process to go through (Kevin's post) to test this and an explanation of what I believe normal results should be (my post). Kevin's guitar was clearly flawed in that only one pickup was active in the middle position. He had to send his back in for that but, fingers crossed for him, is due to get it back today I think.

Archived