Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Shop SG VOS "61 reissue" ... model info?

eda123

Hi all,

A store nearby has what is advertised as a 61 SG Reissue, VOS, from the Custom Shop. It looks like a VOS with the dull finish look/etc. Played incredibly, knocked the socks off the SG Standards I compared to there.

However, I dont see a 61 reissue from the custom shop when i search the net... I see a NON custom shop 61 reissue, and a "historic reissue VOS" without a year.

Did these exist, at some point in the recent past few years?

Thanks!

Hi all,

A store nearby has what is advertised as a 61 SG Reissue, VOS, from the Custom Shop. It looks like a VOS with the dull finish look/etc. Played incredibly, knocked the socks off the SG Standards I compared to there.

However, I dont see a 61 reissue from the custom shop when i search the net... I see a NON custom shop 61 reissue, and a "historic reissue VOS" without a year.

Did these exist, at some point in the recent past few years?

Thanks!

The SN is 002942, if that helps anyone decipher which model this is.

I think this is a 2010 model ,Gibson Sg Standard Custom Shop historic. The serial two first numbers indicate year, 00 i think stands for 2010. The shop calls it 61 reissue, i think that's just a mistake. This model i actually a 62 reissue. I hope someone else can verify my info, as im not 100% certain. Ain't to big traffic here, you might wanna move it over to the sg usa section

Guest farnsbarns

The SN is 002942, if that helps anyone decipher which model this is.

On 54,55,56,57,58,59 and 60 RI's the serial is <year being reissued><year of manufacture><production number year to date>

That would make a 60 reissue made in 2010. While there may have been some SG's made in late 60, Gibson generally try to keep the reissue years simple by applying one model per year. I think this might be a historic from a few years ago, before the RI's we know now existed. Could it be used or have been in stock a few years?

As a single cut LP fan my knowledge of SG's is limited. I would suggest posting in the lounge where the experts tend to hang out but just recently they've been moving anything model specific out of the lounge anyway so that's not going to work.

Archived