Gibson Brands Forums

Lenny Kravitz flying V

guitaraddict1

Hello, I am looking for some advice from the experts. I am thinking of buying a used Lenny Kravitz custom flying V. tHE SELLER WANTS $2999.00 for it. Is it worth it? what is the current value of it and will it hold its value?

I currently own a 2002 or 2004 (I forget) faded flying V with an ebony fretboard with dot markers. I also own an ES137 classic I purchased last May. I bought the es new and it was built fresh for me which is why I love it. I even kept the special order sticker that came on the box. That said, I was thinking of selling the 2 to buy the Lenny V. I am a huge fan and would love to own a signature V. However is it worth the price? or would a better option be to add a mirrored pickgaurd and pickup covers as well as a vibrola maestro tailpiece to my red faded V? Or,... is it a better deal to get a Gibson 67 custom shop flying v with the vibrola maestro tailpiece? I don't really want to sell the es137 and wouldn't mind parting with the faded v if its for the Lenny V. Advice????

Archived