Gibson Brands Forums

Gold screws

428CJ

Hi,

I am having trouble finding factory-quality gold screws and a gold jack for my Explorer. I got some gold screws and such from Guitar Parts Resource. Those are Allparts and Switchcraft items. Unfortunately, the finish on the screws was kind of a weird matte surface. It looked anodized rather than plated. The Switchcraft jack was the same way. Also, the gold did not match from item to item. For instance, the pickup ring screws, the height adjustment screws, the pickguard screws, the truss rod cover screws, and the jack all had slightly different finishes (and none of them good).

Anyhow, these parts in shiny gold plate are what I need. I wish I could find them exactly as they come on a new Gibson with gold hardware:

- truss rod cover screws

- pickguard screws

- pickup ring screws

- pickup height adjustment screws/springs

- jack plate screws (same as pickguard screws?)

- jack

I find it odd that the Switchcraft brand jack had this weird matte finish on it. AFAIK, Switchcraft items should be the same as what comes on stock Gibsons with gold hardware.

I have found a few of these items, but not all of them, at Stew Mac. However, I don't want to have the same thing happen if I order online. Paying one return shipping fee is bad enough. And finding stuff like this at a local shop has not worked out.

Any help you could give would be appreciated. Ideally, someone from Gibson would just contact me with a price for the parts I need, straight from the production line, but I cannot see that happening.

• 3 weeks later...

I would also like some guidance on getting correct GIBSON GOLD

truss rod cover screws

- pickguard screws

- pickup ring screws

- pickup height adjustment screws/springs

- jack plate screws (same as pickguard screws?)

- jack

I have a 2011 LPR7 GOLDTOP and I want to replace all AGED NICKEL hardware for NEW GOLD

Any feedback from a Gibson representative would be appreciated

Archived