Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for info on 1971 ES345(TD) stock pickups

The transition away from Humbuckers having the PAF sticker began in mid 1962. From mid 1962 though 1975 Humbuckers had a patent number decal. Same pick-up, different sticker/decal.

The reason I am asking this question is that I had my 1969 335 modified by Gibson in 1991 for stereo and varitone as I could not afford to buy an ES345, but in stereo each pickup is not loud enough to strongly drive each amplifier with its own speaker cabinet. If I tether both stereo outputs from my guitar using one mono adapter into each amp it's it drives the amps enough but that's not stereo, it's in mono. I have heard that the ES345's pickups are a little louder than the ES345's because they have more windings along with more impedance. I am willing to replace my original 335's pickups but I would like to get the right pickups for the right job.

• 3 weeks later...

I measured my PU on a '67 ES-345. I just measured from the output jacks with the volume/tone set to 10 and varitone on 1, so it not the actual direct dc resistance of the pickups.

Neck at 7.5k Ohms and Bridge 7.0k Ohms.

Archived