Gibson Brands Forums

1933 L-0

wayside

She's a beauty, Wayside. Modoc has a similar '32 black and white 00 named "Penny." Penny hasn't aged as well as yours though! Hope it sounds as good as it looks. Does it have kerfed or solid lining?

She's a beauty, Wayside. Modoc has a similar '32 black and white 00 named "Penny." Penny hasn't aged as well as yours though! Hope it sounds as good as it looks. Does it have kerfed or solid lining?

Kerfed lining and my wife's name is Penny! Scary stuff.

Kerfed lining and my wife's name is Penny! Scary stuff.

What a coincidence! Modoc's "Penny" is named for the pennies that she sports crudely screwed to the bridge. They aren't even structural but who are we to remove them?

I ask about the lining because I have a '33 L-00 14 fret sunburst with solid lining. Both your 0 and keith's 00 have kerfed lining even though they are the earlier style 12 fretters. Is this standard Gibson inconsistency or does anyone else have a reason for why this might be so?

What a coincidence! Modoc's "Penny" is named for the pennies that she sports crudely screwed to the bridge. They aren't even structural but who are we to remove them?

I ask about the lining because I have a '33 L-00 14 fret sunburst with solid lining. Both your 0 and keith's 00 have kerfed lining even though they are the earlier style 12 fretters. Is this standard Gibson inconsistency or does anyone else have a reason for why this might be so?

Hi Rich,

What a lovely guitar. I love those early 30s 's.

It is cool to find you over here. I like what you are doing -- posting old Gibson instruments and admiring them. I'll post some too if you don't mind -- let's see if we can get something going.

All the best,

-Tom

Read this thread at UMGF

Not sure it provides any answers.

Terry

Archived