Gibson Brands Forums

Headphones for practice

Jegman

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

They are available with 250 and 80 Ohms per system, whatever will match your application better. Flash players will call for 80 Ohms due to less output voltage. Typical line power driven gear will achieve a better S/N ratio with 250 Ohms.

Hope this helps.

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

They are available with 250 and 80 Ohms per system, whatever will match your application better. Flash players will call for 80 Ohms due to less output voltage. Typical line power driven gear will achieve a better S/N ratio with 250 Ohms.

Hope this helps.

I had the DT-770 Pros as one of my original suggestions but @ ~$249.00(retail)/$229 (street) they're outside of the OP's budget restraints. The Sony 7506 are perhaps the most ubiquitous professional headphones around and work for nearly any application...at ~$100 they fit the bill perfectly. The Audio-Technica ATH- M 40fs @ ~ $100 have been a pleasant surprise. Light weight and comfy but not quite as airy and transparent as the Sony 7506 or as isolating as the Sennheiser 280 Pros. At the $100 price point there are a lot of good choices and my personal experience is that you don't need to spend more than $100 for good (maybe even great) headphones.

I had the DT-770 Pros as one of my original suggestions but @ ~$249.00(retail)/$229 (street) they're outside of the OP's budget restraints. The Sony 7506 are perhaps the most ubiquitous professional headphones around and work for nearly any application...at ~$100 they fit the bill perfectly. The Audio-Technica ATH- M 40fs @ ~ $100 have been a pleasant surprise. Light weight and comfy but not quite as airy and transparent as the Sony 7506 or as isolating as the Sennheiser 280 Pros. At the $100 price point there are a lot of good choices and my personal experience is that you don't need to spend more than $100 for good (maybe even great) headphones.

[blush] Sorry, my fault. Didn't have budget in mind while typing. [crying]

Archived