Gibson Brands Forums

Another Epiphone Les Paul Custom, LEGIT or FAKE?

Hi there, I've come across an Epihone Les Paul Custom Alpine White in a local store but I wanted to make sure it is a legit Epiphone, not a Fake one that you find everywhere these days.

A help would be appreciated by identifying it as a legit Epiphone.

It's serial is i13012743 and it a match but so is almost every fake ones I've encountered so far.

Any light on the matter?

Thanks

Hi there, I've come across an Epihone Les Paul Custom Alpine White in a local store but I wanted to make sure it is a legit Epiphone, not a Fake one that you find everywhere these days.

A help would be appreciated by identifying it as a legit Epiphone.

It's serial is i13012743 and it a match but so is almost every fake ones I've encountered so far.

Any light on the matter?

Thanks

I don't know, that serial number looks fishy to me. is the store saying it's a '13 model? I'm pretty sure Epi didn't use letter factory ids in 2013 and I don't believe that factory is making Epis anymore.

I don't know, that serial number looks fishy to me. is the store saying it's a '13 model? I'm pretty sure Epi didn't use letter factory ids in 2013 and I don't believe that factory is making Epis anymore.

According to it's serial number I figured it is a 2013 from The Guitar Dater project and other sites like Wiki but just to make sure I've posted here and also sent those pictures to Gibson but I guess it takes them a while for them to get back to me.

Archived