Gibson Brands Forums

doubt J-45 TV strange...

Gianlucagt125

my goodness, I have a J-45 True Vintage 2008 that sounds great, clean sound, country, very accurate, brilliant but the only problem is that compared to all other gibson I tested and also compared to other j-45 TV it has a slim handle. thinner than usual. for this I think the guitar loses volume, power on the low. compared to that which could have with a handle normal. How 'possible this thing? and 'possible that there has been a production error or is normally so ??

Hello Gianluca-

Sorry your question almost slipped off of the page without a reply. It is strange that you find your J-45 TV to have a "handle" (neck) smaller than others you have tried. Did you measure how wide at the nut? Is it possible for you to post a photo or 2 of it, and maybe a photo of the label in the soundhole? Does it have the light brown True Vintage case with the guitar? The most important thing is that you like the sound, hopefully the narrow handle does not prevent you from enjoying the guitar.

Welcome to the forum

You can read all kinds of things these days but I've owned and played plenty of vintage & newer Gibsons (and Martins) with neck profiles from huge to modern C that sounded great. Find something else to worry about and play your guitar enough to ascertain its fit to your tastes, regardless of its neck 'girth'.

IME this is an overblown thing that nobody even cared about 20 years ago as how it pertained to 'guitar tone'.

Archived