Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Les Paul Junior Single Coil Ltd

Hendrixlvr

Okay, WTF is going on with Gibson?! First they screw up all the 2015's, and they seem right on track with the 2016's as well. This is a $1,500 guitar and it was by far one of the worst playing, sounding instruments I've played in a long time. It was like somebody was shoving an ice pick through my brain on the neck pickup, so you can imagine what it was like on the bridge

I absolutely love my '93 double cut jr. And I thought that this would be one step up from there. Nope!

First of all, for $1,500 you think you would get more than just a gig bag. It has an extremely cheap looking/feeling satin finish, the neck felt like I would snap it in half if I pressed on the fretboard too hard and it felt so light I could have sworn it was a piece of plastic not mahogany. I know some guys like a really like guitar but when you're buying something that's supposed to be a chunk of mahogany expected to have some girth behind it.

The one thing I liked about the guitar was the tall skinny frets.....come on Gibson, I really want to buy one of your products again so get your sh** together

Archived