Gibson Brands Forums: Ridiculous... ! - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ridiculous... !

#1 User is offline   Stonie 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

Could someone please tell me... WHY is Steinberger making it so 'ridiculously' difficult to get hold of spare parts, especially here in the UK... I mean, what is WRONG with this company ?

All I'm looking for is one of these strap hooks http://www.themusicz...Extender-Black/

#2 User is offline   LPS1976 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNashville

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostStonie, on 30 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Could someone please tell me... WHY is Steinberger making it so 'ridiculously' difficult to get hold of spare parts, especially here in the UK... I mean, what is WRONG with this company ?

All I'm looking for is one of these strap hooks http://www.themusicz...Extender-Black/

not sure if this is of any help but you may try contacting customer service. they may be able to point you in the right direction. 00+800-4GIBSON1 (00+800-444-2766-1)

#3 User is offline   Be.eM 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostStonie, on 30 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

It's not especially hard in the UK, it's almost impossible in the complete EU… oh… wait… nevermind ;)

However, it's pretty much the same in the US as well, as far as I know. Fact is that Gibson/Epiphone has spare parts numbers for Synapse instruments, which means at least they exist. They don't have such numbers for ZT3 parts, so you're completely f##ed if you need one of those. The only - and I mean only - way to get hold of these parts is ordering them via authorized Gibson service providers/dealers in your country. If Gibson has these parts available, they can be ordered. This changes, they are only sporadically available during a year, dealers regularly receive lists of available parts, but none of them put Steinberger parts in stock just for having them. Try via a local Gibson service, there is no other way. I've been able to get a couple of Synapse parts in Germany this way.

Bernd
Steinieland (European Steinberger Users)
Bernd's Guitar Pages

#4 User is offline   wrayzor 

• Group: All Access

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

i recently picked up a synapse transcale and im in the process of converting it to southpaw. ive removed the strap hook as well as the control knobs. i was planning to sell these items online when i got around to it.

let me know if you are interested in the strap hook. as for the two mounting screws that fasten it to the body, i will need to keep those.

im currently in la crosse, WI usa.

-david

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users